The County Clerk is an elected official who is responsible for keeping accurate records of the orders, rules and proceedings of the County Commission.
In addition, the County Clerk is the election authority for the county. As the election authority, the office maintains the voter registration for the county and conducts elections for the political subdivisions. They oversee the printing of the ballots and the hiring of election judges, with Political Committees help, to work at the polls on Election Day.
Other administrative responsibilities of the Clerk include extending the real and personal property tax bills for the railroad and utility companies. In addition, the clerk provides the political subdivisions with their assessed valuations so they can, in return, hold their hearings and certify their tax levy with the County Clerk.
Primary Responsibilities of the County Clerk’s Office:
- Serves as the County Budget and Financial Officer
- Handles all County insurance and accounts payable activities
- Responsible for Osage County Employee benefits, payroll and personnel records
- Conduct all elections held in Osage County
- Responsible for voter registration and campaign finances
- Custodian of records such as contracts with the county and all minutes of the County Commission and files relating to the County Commission
- Bid openings: Maintain files of all copies of bids and notices.
- Notary Public: Swear in Notaries
- Board of Equalization: Schedule appointments and maintain minutes and decisions for the Board of Equalization.
- Licenses: Issue all County Liquor and Auctioneer licenses; also sell hunting and fishing licenses
- Performs certification of value and rates of all political subdivisions
- Performs certification and apportionment of revenue for railroad and utility companies
- Performs certification of local real and personal revenues chargeable to the Osage County Collector
- WE ARE NOW SELLING HUNTING AND FISHING LICENSES. 6.5% OF SALES HELPS FUND OUR OFFICE.
June 30th - Commercial Liquor License Renewals
Picnic Liquor License $28.00 per day/site
Auctioneers License Renewals $53.00 (Annual)
Fees: Notary $15.00, Fuel Claim Assistance $1.00, and Plat Books $35.00
Extra Printouts .50 each page and $1.25 extra to mail standard envelope.
OSAGE COUNTY CLERK – NICCI KAMMERICH (BOUSE)
205 E. MAIN STREET
P.O. BOX 826
LINN, MO 65051
(573) 897-2139 – Phone
(573) 897-4741 – Facsimile
MACCEA 2023 Scholarship Award presented to Isabella Russell
MACCEA 2022 Scholarship Award presented to Anna Crede
MACCEA 2021 Scholarship Award presented to Joseph Schwartz
MACCEA 2020 Scholarship Award presented to Kayla Berhorst
2023 Office Staff
Brooke Dudenhoeffer, Nicci Kammerich, and Juanita Libbert
County Clerk – Nicci Kammerich (Bouse) – 573-897-2139
Accounting - ext. 110
Accounting - Juanita Libbert ext. 112
Front Desk Clerk - Brooke Dudenhoeffer ext. 114
We are open at 8:00 a.m. every weekday morning until 4:30 p.m. every evening. We are also open through lunch for your convenience.
(Closed major holidays)
Closed for Lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on September 21st, 2023 and December 20th, 2023 to celebrate work anniversaries for staff.
PLAT BOOKS $35.00 AND WALL MAPS $115.00 AVAILABLE
County Clerk Scholarship Application
Register to Vote
Missouri Secretary of State
2023 Osage County Budget
2022 Osage County Amended Budget
2022 Osage County Budget
2021 Financial Statement
2021 Osage County Budget
2020 Osage County Audit
2022-2023 "I VOTED" Sticker Design Contest